Monday, June 18, 2007

Oh my goodness.

I was gonna write something here, but then I thought better of it, so I'll simply complain about the fact that I'm weirded out by upstairs neighbour playing '99 Luftballoons' continously for the last two hours.

But. Still: Oh my goodness.

Things? Hm.


1. The new White Stripes is an amazing example of awesome-ness, even if I've only listened to it once; Rachel said it was a bit too squonky to be played at Beano (as IF), especially at the volume I had it at, so I didn't get the best listen, but still. (You people are so lucky that she works with me, y'know; there's every possibility that I'd be serving everyone lukewarm bile and congealed monkey semen while the sound of Mike Patton sodomizing an elephant played on the stereo overhead, if she weren't around. Y'all'd better smile when you drink that shit, too, dammit.)

Speaking of the Adventures of Chris & Rachel: Josh makes pretty pictures.

But yes: White Stripes. Icky Thump. Fuck yes.


2. By the way, The Go! Team have a new song on their Myspace page (I know: it's Myspace. Could be worse, though: it could be a Facebook page...); anyone who didn't like Thunder, Lightning, Strike is either a liar or just fooling themselves. There is nothing better than mixing schoolyard hopscotch rap with saturday morning cartoon theme music. All that and horns, too. I cannot wait. Look for a shitty review on both Pitchfork and Metacritic, because none o' y'all can think for yourselves.

3. Honestly, I think I'm just giving up on Sled Island, because the whole 'tickets available ONLINE ONLY' thing really bugs me. We'll see.

4. Dude. They hacked a news broadcast and put a MUSHROOM CLOUD in the background. I could just kiss these people:


5. Jamie Hewlett designs vibrators.

6. Jamie Hewlett and Damon Albarn do an opera, and it's not Gorillaz, but it's probably just as genius.

7.'Someday we will all be ghosts.' It's like someone's jotting down everything Twyla Dawn says and puts it on t-shirts.

8. Justin Bua. Need I say more?

Okay, I really have to go do laundry now, because I'm out of clean underwear, and I can't remember how to make a diaper out of a dishtowel. Be good, or I'll smack you good.

2 comments:

BBBoris said...

The White Stripes are... not... good....

christopherdrew said...

Wrong. Totally wrong. You, sir, are a filthy heathen who must be baptized in the blood of the lamb before I'm allowed to talk to you again.

But I still love you.