Sunday, November 30, 2008

Everything In Its Right Place

So, yes, if you hadn't heard, Black Friday lived up to its name, at least in these instances; myself, I was stuck behind a counter serving half-sweet non-caffeinated soy beverages, aka SWILL, to the Mount Royal Trophy Wives Club. It was fun, let me assure you - nothing says job satisfaction like having a spoiled and glorified housewife throw a full-blown tantrum when she discovers that you have peanut-butter & chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal-raisin cookies, but no oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies. It's an absolute wonder that I haven't purchased a firearm yet. I can only imagine how I'm going to deal with customers aka CHILDREN WITH TOO MANY CREDIT CARDS when I move to days this week.

That's right: after almost a decade of working nights exclusively at almost EVERY job he's had, Chris will no longer be that Surly Evening Guy, and will instead assume the mantle of Grumpy Morning Guy, all in the hopes of spending more time with both The Ladyfriend and Hazhulhu, Devourer Of Souls and Carrots. While I wouldn't say anything as groan-worthy as "There Will Be Blood", I do predict that this shift in working hours will result in a great deal of yelling and a few broken dishes.

But anyway: the only reason I posted this was to show y'all this video by Scroobius Pip, wherein a kid in a dinosaur costume walks around being insufferably cute.

It is now 7:27 am, and I must find a Spiderman cartoon to watch.

No comments: