Saturday, May 12, 2007

Twin Peaks, Season 2, Epsiode 1 (or 8, if you wanna get technical, but whatever...)


So. I think to myself, "Hey, I've got this Dvd set of a TV show I loved when it was actually on, oh, almost twenty friggin' years ago, maybe I should start watching it, see how it holds up!"

Halfway in: okay, it's still good, but some of that noir-ish dialogue in a 'modern' setting falls really flat, and Dana Ashbrook is really over the fucking top. Dude. All your Dad said was that he had a dream where he hugged you. Don't get all weepy.

But: Dale Cooper tips his waiter while bleeding from a gunshot wound in his gut. The man is seriously the shit. Plus: I heart Albert Rosenfield.

And then we come to this scene:

...oh. Oh, that's right. Yeah, um, now I remember why I loved this show.

1 comment:

J. Schuyler Britton said...

Hmmm... Should I purchase Twin Peaks? Or is it an acquired taste better for renting? I've always had this dilemma, hence why I've never seen it...

That picture is creepy.